Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Manager
How do I apply?
- Easy! You can fill out your application by simply filling out some basic personal deets and uploading your photo & resume here.
How long will it take until Toko responds to my application?
- Our average time to reach out to a new candidate with a response is within 48 hrs.
What do I need to do next after my application?
- After we’ve looked at your profile and resume, we will let you message you to inform you on whether you’ve been selected for the first interview.
When declined, can I apply again?
- After being declined, you cannot apply again until 1 year after your application.
What is the level of language expertise you’re looking for?
- At Toko we require English proficiency on a level of at least 8 out of 10.
Can I recommend someone else for a job?
- Yes, you can! Please email his/her name, email address and the name of the specific role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When approved, how do I schedule an interview?
- After we approve your application, we'll send you a link to schedule a video call with your interviewer. At the time of the interview, you can join the meeting by clicking the interview link provided in the message.
What interviews do I have to do to complete the hiring process?
- Dependent on our invitation to progress through each stage, the interview process will be as follows:
- First, we'll invite you to schedule a brief 3-5 min chat with our Hiring Manager Natasha, so she can tell you about the role as a Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Manager at Toko.
- Second, we'll follow up within 48 hours with an invitation to an intro interview. This will be a 25 minute call with Natasha to discuss your work experience, skill set and more about the role at Toko.
- Third, within 48 hours we'll invite you to a final interview with one of our founders, and CEO, Justin (David) Kathan. This 50 min interview will be the final step prior to discussing an offer. We'll focus on culture & opportunity fit, team, and compensation.
- Finally, we'll invite you to a 20 min call to chat about logistics and offer terms & conditions.
Do I need to send additional information before the first interview?
- For our initial 3-5 min chat you will not have to provide any extra info. If you decide to apply, you will have to upload your resume and other details. In general, there will be no more information needed. If we do need more information we will let you know.
How long does the interview process take?
- The interviews will be about 80-120 minutes total.
How long does it take to be informed about the decision after an interview?
- After we've completed the interview, we will normally need up to 48 hours to decide whether the candidate has made it to the next phase.
How can I be sure that there is an equal hiring process for all ethnicities, gender, sexuality etc. ?
- At Toko, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients and their products. To ensure consistency in our objective decision making, we’ve set up scorecards per interview with objective variables that will decide your approval or declination.
Where do I find the required job skills?
- You can find all job specific requirements here.
What type of projects will I be working on?
- You will be recruiting to help us grow our team, sourcing candidates through varied channels and making final decisions based on data.
Will I be able to work wherever I want?
- Yes! With Toko you can work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Working remotely, should I follow EST or my local time-zone as office hours?
- When you join we’ll work out a schedule that makes sense for your specific timezone.
What will my compensation package look like?
- Your annual starting salary will total between $18,000 and $30,000+ USD.
Will the contract be for a defined or undefined period of time?
- Undefined - You will be able to stay and work as long as you want.
Compensation & Perks
Are there any perks?
- Yes! Working with Toko means you’ll be mentored by some of the best startup leaders in the world while working from wherever you want. You can find all the perks of working with us under “Why work with Toko?” in the job description.
When do I receive my salary?
- In our final chat we'll discuss when and how will be best for you to receive your monthly paycheques from Toko.
Will my equipment be provided by Toko?
- All the equipment you’ll need is your own laptop.
Will I be provided with resources and training to do the job?
- With your own wicked recruiting skills plus our training on how to assess candidates for Toko, you’ll have all the resources you need to feel confident hiring for us.
Work at Toko
What are Toko’s culture and core values?
- To work as a strong team it's crucial that the values throughout the whole team are aligned.Here's a list of the core values we think are key to set team members up for great culture and success:
- Team outcomes over individual outcomes.
- Good habits over heavy process.
- Minimize work in progress; Always be Shipping.
- Ask how it can be done instead of why we can’t do it.
- Always steer in the direction we want to go.
- Overcommunication & accountability.
- Nobody codes in the corner.
- Good ideas come from everywhere.
What does the structure of Toko’s team look like ?
- The Toko team is made up of engineers, designers, and product people, all of whom interact with each other frequently.
How did the company start?
- Toko was started by a team of entrepreneurs who have started, built, and exited multiple companies; and in the process grown teams, raised tens of millions in venture capital, and built products used my millions of people each year.
What is Toko’s long term goal?
- Use worldwide real-time data to help investors make better decisions about how to invest in short term rentals.
How does the Toko team aim to reach their goal?
- To eventually have a platform that can help investors come to better investment decisions in short term rentals, Toko has set out the following targets:
- First, to finalize our platform using real-time international data which will allow investors to make better decisions about where to invest in short-term rentals.
- Second, to analyze and select the top locations for short-term rentals, and hire an ops leader who will manage investment decisions.
- Third, to set up a real estate investment fund in order to lease and buy units on a larger scale.